Friday, January 13, 2012

Lemon Garlic Chicken

I LOVE this!!  I made this because my very wonderful cousin, Matt, made me tilapia this way on Christmas Eve when I couldn't eat any of the shellfish or breaded fish.  Here's Matt and his new, beautiful bride, Kristen.  It was so yummy that I tried it with chicken breast!

1 lb. of chicken breast sliced relatively thinly
1 lemon
2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
2-3 teaspoons of olive oil
dried fresh parsley to taste

Using a "lemon squeezer" (I don't know the official name), Squeeze all the juice out of one lemon right into your large saute pan.  Add the garlic, olive oil and parsley.   Place your chicken breasts on top.  I swirl the chicken around and turn it before I begin cooking to get the ingredients on the chicken.  Do not put your heat too high or you could cook the chicken too quickly and it can be dry.  If you want, you can add a tiny bit of organic chicken broth to keep it most.  Cook until both sides are slightly browned.  This is FABULOUS with a fresh green salad.

VARIATION: Matt's brother, Joe (also my cousin) and his lovely wife, Brandy,  made a similar dish at a barb-b-q.  They marinated chicken thighs in lemon juice and then grilled the chicken.  LOVED IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that your mother taught you if you don't haven anything nice, don't say anything at all!! I welcome suggestions, comments, questions, and your stories, but please don't be mean-spirited. This life is hard to get through and I'm grateful that you stopped by to visit!!